The Inkworld trilogy (German: Tintenwelt-Trilogie), often referred to as the Inkheart trilogy, is a young adult fantasy series written by Cornelia Funke.
Publishers[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Editions and cover arts
The following is an incomplete list of publishers of the books from all over the world.
- Germany: Cecilie Dressler Verlag (Original)
- Japan: Wave Publishers (WAVE出版)
- Spain: Ediciones Siruela
- Taiwan: Titan Publishing (大田出版)
- The United Kingdom: Chicken House
- The United States: Scholastic
Titles of the series[edit | edit source]
The trilogy[edit | edit source]
Complementary works[edit | edit source]
|“||Can you tell us a bit more about the connection between Inkworld and MirrorWorld ... will this connection be explored more fully in future apps and/or books?
When I started my encyclopedia for MirrorWorld, creating A4 notebooks with quotes, images, etc about all my creatures, characters, locations etc to not get lost in this ever growing world, I noticed creatures and motifs that reminded me very much of Inkworld. 'Of course!' I said to myself. ‘It IS the same world, just 600 years earlier!’ And Fenoglio's word-controlled domain is just a small region in Northern Italy. There are very different rules and powers once you leave that region - the rules I observed in MirrorWorld.
I wrote three short stories (which are already published in German and Italian) about this connection:
Mirada and I plan to explore this in another app that focuses on Inkworld next year.
I also start using motifs from my other books behind the Mirror: the carousel from Thieflord was mentioned in Fearless, there are connections to Dragonrider and I think I know where Dustfinger lives in MirrorWorld and what he calls himself :)
Audiobook editions[edit | edit source]
- All three books of the trilogy have one English audiobook version published by Random House; all of them told by different readers: Lynn Redgrave, Brendan Fraser, and Allan Corduner respectively.
- All three books of the trilogy has a consistent German audiobook version published by Jumbo-Verlag, all read by Rainer Strecker.
Adaptations[edit | edit source]
- Cornelia Funke has sold all of the film rights of the three books to New Line Cinema.
- Only one film was made, Inkheart.
- The original German trilogy all have one radio play (Hörspiel) adaptation with the duration around 160 minutes, published by Verlagsgruppe Oetinger, including various voice providers:
- Tintenherz - Das Hörspiel: Gesprochen von Robin Brosch, Gerlinde Dillge, Cathlen Gawlich, Tanja Geke, Frank Gustavus, Volker Hanisch, Simon Jäger, Frank Jordan, Peter Kaempfe, Leonie Landa, Markus Langer, Robert Missler, Kai Henrik Möller, Barbara Nüsse, Kay Poppe, Lars Rudolph, Stephan Schad, Rainer Strecker, Ugur Tasbilek, Peter Weis.
- Tintenblut - Das Hörspiel: Rudolf Danielewicz, Peter Franke, Tim Grobe, Emma Luise Hermann (Tochter v. Sandra M. Schöner), Timon Hoffmann, Charly Hübner, Mirco Kreibich, Sarah O'Connor, Jan-Peter Pflug, Michael Prelle, Sandra Maria Schöner, Antje Seibel, Jens Wawrczeck, Hasso Zorn.
- Tintentod - Das Hörspiel: Tanja Geke, Konstantin Graudus, Mechthild Großmann, Volker Hanisch, Daniel Kirchberger, Mirco Kreibich, Heinz Lieven, Eva Michaelis, Patrick Mölleken, Barbara Nüsse, Sascha Rotermund, Dietmar Wunder, Santiago Ziesmer.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The trilogy is also known as Ink-Trilogy, Ink Trilogy, and Inkbooks in English.
- According to Cornelia Funke, she had a hand in the process and close collaboration with the translator of the trilogy, Anthea Bell, during the process of translating the trilogy from German to English. Bell would ask detailed questions via email, sometimes so detailed that let Funke see her story even clearer.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Beyond the mirror" interview - The Big Idea | Te Aria Nui
- Tintenherz - Das Hörspiel (2 CD) - Verlagsgruppe Oetinger
- Tintenblut - Das Hörspiel (2 CD) - Verlagsgruppe Oetinger
- Tintentod - Das Hörspiel (2 CD) - Verlagsgruppe Oetinger
- Fantastic Fantasy by Cornelia Funke | Ink Trilogy - Scholastic
- Ask the Author: Cornelia Funke, question ID# 496429 - Goodreads
|Cornelia Funk's Inkworld Trilogy|
|Inkheart||book||reference quotes||radio play||film||film soundtrack||game|
|Inkspell||book||reference quotes||radio play||-||-||-|
|Inkdeath||book||reference quotes||radio play||-||-||-|
|Other written works (not all by Funke)||Other canon|
|Inkheart Movie: Novelization||Cornelia Funke - The Official Website -|
|Inkheart Movie: Storybook||MirrorWorld by Cornelia Funke App|
|Inkheart Movie: Reader, Farid's Story||The Color of Revenge|
|Cornelia Funke: Inkheart, Wild Chicks and Ghosthunters: the Fantastical Visual Worlds from the Early Children's Books to Reckless|